Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Michael Fassbender is on the track to becoming a truly magnetic actor

Michael Fassbender


On both this past Friday and Sunday I went to see X-Men: First Class and was drawn to one actor most, Michael Fassbender.  Fassbender plays Erik Lensher aka the mutant Magneto.  Magneto is the most interesting character in the film because the film is about his journey of vengeance; his mother mother was killed in front of him and he wants to avenge her death at the hands of Sebastian Shaw.  Obviously,  in the end of the film Magneto forms his Brotherhood, and he becomes the evil master of magnetism.  Fassbender is terrific in this film, and was perfectly cast as a younger version of Magneto.

Prior to this role Fassbender's name was foreign to me.  I did not remember Fassbender's role  in Inglorious Basterds (2009) as Lt. Archie Hicox, I re-watched the movie the last night and thought he great in this as well.  Fassbender was also in 300 (2007) a Stelios, I am not a huge fan of 300, but I may have to re-watch that as well to look for him in that film.  I love discovering new actors, who I can enjoy and re-watch and plan to watch their films in the future.  I am planning to add Jane Eyre (2011) up on my must watch even more.  Fassbender plays Mr. Rochester, Eyre's boss, and he is just so charismatic so I can see him pulling this roll off well.

Fassbender has a large list of upcoming projects with some major directors including A Dangerous Mind  directed by David Cronenberg.  This film is set to be released this year, and Fassbender plays Carl Jung the  psychoanalyst.  Fassbender also has projects that are supposed to be released this year where he will be working with director Steven Soderbergh (Haywire) and his director from the film Hunger (2007), Steve McQueen in the film Shame.

Michael Fassbender is a star on the rise, and i predict to see him at award shows in the future; he has that aura around him that will make him bankable for a long time.

No comments: