Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Favorite Holiday Songs

Last night I went to see the Boston Gay Men's Chorus, they put on an excellent show!  Seeing the chorus finally put me in the holiday spirit, and made me think about my favorite holiday songs.  There are of course different versions of different songs, and everyone has their own favorites. Here are my favorite holiday seasons with the specific artist.

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"-Judy Garland-her brassy voice makes this song soulful.  This song gives me hope that even in the most difficult times things can better.

Wham-"Last Christmas"-While this song is one of the sadder Christmas songs, it has always been one of my favorite songs.  Even though this is one of the sadder songs it still has remained one of the most popular Christmas songs for those thinking loving the wrong person.



Mariah Carey-"All I Want for Christmas is You"-This is one of the best Christmas songs ever!  This song makes me happy, and was an instant classic.  This also reminds me of one of my favorite Christmas movies, Love Actually.



Eartha Kitt-Santa Baby- Classic and sexy (even though she is singing about Santa), this is one of my favorite Christmas songs, and Eartha Kitt's voice is just wonderful!


Chris Colfer and Darren Criss-"Baby It's Cold Outside"-Althought this song sounds a bit like date rape (which I am not condoning) I always thought this song was cute when I was younger, and the Glee version between Kurt and Blaine helps to keep up this allusion.


Andy Williams "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"- The holiday season would not be complete without Andy Williams (for me) and this is my favorite song of his.  


Bing Cosby "White Christmas" Finally Bing Cosby's White Christmas which is such a beautiful version of this song.  Hearing this song just puts me in the mood.

No comments: