Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Flashback Music of the Week: Outkast and their "Roses"

Certain interactions I have on a day to day basis make me wish I was part of a movie and there was music playing in the background.  Last week John Mayer and both our stupid mouths got us in trouble. Ironically both the musical montage moments happened on a Tuesday.  Today's musical montage had to do with an obnoxious boy.

As I walking back with my dinner past my gym I ran into a guy I have met at a house party, and run into several times while i have gone out.  We have also talked at the gym.  This is one of those hey how are you acquaintances with whom you stop and talk to for a few minutes catch up, and move on exchanging pleasantries.  Today was the first day I got the brush off.  This guy runs hot and cold, mostly friendly though.  Today he acted like I would expect him to act if I had not met him at a house party; he acted and I have seen him act "like his shit don't stink" and he's the hottest guy ever.  Mind you he is an attractive guy with a beautiful body but personality matters.

In the moments after I had the Outkast song "Roses" playing in my head and was singing "I know you like to think your shit don't stank, but lean a little bit closer, see roses really smell like poo-oo-oo"  Every time I meet someone like this or have a chance encounter with a guy like this this is one of the songs that plays over in my head.  This goes out to all the boy's who think their "shit don't stank."

No comments: