Friday, January 27, 2012

Kelly Clarkson Rocks out at the Wang Theater

Last night Kelly Clarkson took the stage at the Citi Performing Arts Center Wang Theater.  One of my superiors asked me about the show yesterday, and asked the question "Has she come out with new, music lately?"  Now this statement could be because she has had no cable or internet for a while, but I do also think that even as a fan I was not exactly sure when he latest CD had been released until I had seen it on itunes.  What does any of this have to do with concert?  I think many people have written this 
young girl off as someone who had her moment and she is done, but this is not the case.  While I do think her most recent CD is not strong, the concert proved she was "stronger" than ever.


Clarkson came out and raged with one of the songs on her latest CD that is about to be her next bigger single called "Darkside."  This is one of the stronger tracks on that album.  The biggest bright spot to her set list (listed below) is that she did not make this concert about promoting her CD as many artists do; she blended the best music of all of her albums.  After Darkside she continued with two of her best songs from album Breakaway-"Behind These Hazel Eyes" and "Since U Been Gone."  For apparently never having a steady man this girl can jam about angst and heartbreak better than most female singers.



Even the covers she did were strong, although she told people who the one cover by Florence + the Machine after she done singing the song, I knew the song, but heard many people in the audience asking what song this was.  She tackled Heart and Carrie Underwood with a lot of energy.


The bottom line is there was no rise and fall in the energy of the show, Clarkson started strong and ended on a high note in her encore with her first single "Miss Independent"; she still has it!  I hate that the American Idol brand today tarnishes the the reputation of the artists from the beginning of the series.  Clarkson puts on a great show, and she is much more than the karaeoke brand today; she is energy, talent, and purely just a treat to watch on the stage.

Darkside
Behind These Hazel Eyes
Since u Been Gone
Hear Me
Gone
You Love Me

Heavy in Your Arms (Florence and the Machine)
Twitter request – Heart-What About Love
Medley of The Trouble with Love / Walkaway /How I Feel /I want you

I Know You Won’t (Carrie Underwood)
Don’t you Wanna Stay (with Jason Aldean)
Let me Down
Already Gone
Breakway
You Still won’t Know what its Like
Stronger
My Life Would Suck Without You

Never Again (Piano Version)
Because of You
Mr Know it all

Miss Independent

No comments: