Saturday, August 13, 2011

Britney Spears and Nicki Minaj Entertain with the Femme Fatale Tour

Britney Spears Femme Fatale tour Sacramento on stageThis past Monday (I am behind here thanks to work) I went with my friend Patrick to see Nicki Minaj and Britney Spears in concert.  I went just starting to list to Nicki Minaj's CD Pink Friday the day before the show, and really excited to watch Britney perform-key word perform.  I went to this show with two thoughts in mind, I hope Britney just gives a fun performance (because I knew she would lip syncing and not dancing like she used to) and I hope Nicki's performance makes me like her more.

Nicki opened her show with her duet with Eminem "Roman's Revenge" and it set the stag for the energy that followed throughout her entire set.  To close the show she went with her latest mega hit "Super Bass." There was never a moment in her show where there was lack in energy, and Minaj's singing and dancing were on point.  Most of Nicki's songs (or a lot of them) are duets with other famous people like Drake, Rihanna, Will. i. am., and Natasha Bedginfield.  When an artist has a lot of duets they often can put on a drab or boring show but Nicki kept things amped.  I dare say her opening set list out shined the woman who was named the princess of of pop music who she opened for.



The came Miss. Spears.  Britney opened up her tour with one of her latest hits "Hold it Against Me." and started her show with a lot of energy.  The first half of her  22 song show was filled with some of her bit hits like "3" where she proves she has lost a lot of her talent in the dancing arena, allowing most of her back up dancers to provide this energy, and then songs from her newest album Femme Fatale.  While I do realize this was the Femme Fatale tour I was not as floored to hear some of her single songs from that CD because in my opinion it was her worst CD.   The second half of the show boosted the energy with her song "Boys" and then she just transitioned from hit to hit to hit.  Britney closed her show with Womanizer, but then came out for an encore with no loss of energy with the (her best song and music video) "Toxic", and "Till the World Ends."



Overall I was entertained by the show.  Both Minaj and Spears had great sets and costumes and put on a show/concert.  Minaj had more energy (I base that on her youth) and being "new." I am sad that Spears dancing is not as on point as it used to be, but she gave it her all.  I was happy with the show, mainly because I got what I expected.  Britney and Nicki (better show) were both entertaining.

No comments: