Monday, October 31, 2011

November: Must See Movies and Movies to Skip

November starts with a chill at the movie theatre.  I am glad I live in the northeast and the weather has been bad because I have no desire to head to the movies this weekend.  The rest of the month looks incredible, and there are a lot of great films that are will be coming out.

November 4th: Stealing with Ben Stiller or Christmas in November with an unnecessary third film in a series?  I pick catch up on small indie films.

Tower Heist has an interesting cast with Eddie Murphy, Ben Stiller, Matthew Broderick, and Gabby Sidibe, but the fact that this has Ben Stiller counts me out right away.  A Very Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas is just a pointless installment in this series.  The first film was not that great, but it has a fun feel that did not make much money, nor did it require any other films.  I want to see Like Crazy, a story of young love.  Like Crazy was released in limited release last week, but will be coming to the Boston area this week.

Skip: The new releases, and catch up on October films you missed





November 11th: A Bio-Pic by Clint Eastwood, an indie from directing master Lars Von Trier, a big budget film for November film, or another crappy Adam Sandler film?  The Answer seems too simple

 J. Edgar is going to actually be released on November 9th and with Clint Eastwood directing, and a great cast including Leonardo DiCaprio, Judi Dench, and Armie Hammer I am sold.  I do feel as though Leo is cheating on his man Marty Scorssese, and I don't love bio-pics, but I am pretty excited about this film. (9th), Big budget films in November always feel like the bridesmaids of the summer action films.  Immortals seems like a film that just could not make it in the summer and is always the bridesmaid, and never the bride.  Jack and Jill looks like the work Sandler film ever, and this includes Little Nicky.  Lars Von Trier's Melancholia looks intriguing, and the trailer makes me more and more curious.

See it: J. Edgar and Melancholia (Melancholia if you like obscure indie films)
Skip it: Jack and Jill-Immortals Why would you waste your money?





November 18th  Vampires, Penguins, and Clooney...I'll give you a hint at one I will never get sick of!

There is one film with terrible acting, and a terrible plot about a girl who wants to give herself up to a man who can take her "life." Who wouldn't want to Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1?  That would be me.  This book and film series is infuriating and was made for 12 year old girls.  I have not seen the first Happy Feet, but I have heard good things.  I think Happy Feet Two looks cute and is a great choice for families.  The Descendants is one of my potential picks of the month.  I love Alexander Payne; he has made some of my favorite films: Election, About Schmidt and Sideways.  This film looks great and I am excited to see Clooney in a different role.

See it: The Descendants....Happy Feet Two (for the kids)
Skip it: Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1...if you want to avoid a terrible film





November 23rd

Hugo, The Muppets, A Dangerous Method, My Week with Marilyn, Arthur Christmas, The Artist

I have nothing bad to say about this week.  I think Arthur Christmas looks a little weak, but this is one of the best, if not the best week for films throughout the entire year.  I am going to be spending a lot of money during this week.  The Artist and The Muppets are at the top of my list.  The Artist is my second pick of the month.

See it All!!






Pick of the Month: The Artist and The Descendants
Close Behind: The Muppets and J. Edgar


I am excited for November, this year has been bleak, but I think this month could finally bring a smile to the face of myself and many other avid movie fans.

No comments: