Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April Movies to See and Movies to Skip!

March had a strong set of films.  Within the last three weeks 21 Jump Street and The Hunger Games provided a lot of entertainment, and strong box office numbers.  April on the other hand begins with some nostalgia bringing back the team from the American Pie series, and Titanic in 3D, but the rest of the month seems to start to fall flat.  I do not want to wish April away, but there are too many May movies I excited to see.


April 6th
American Reunion
Titanic in 3D

American Reunion's preview looks pretty hilarious, and all of previous installments were pretty hilarious/entertaining (the third being the weakest).  Revisiting this franchise does not seem cheap because of the premise of the story, a ten year reunion, sign me up.  Will Kate Winslet's breast pop out of the screen?  While I enjoy Titanic it's not one of the films I want to go see again.  I do think it is a net concept though.



April 13th 
The Cabin in the Woods 
The Three Stooges
Lockout

This is wear April starts to fall flat.  While I was excited that Joss Whedon produced the thriller The Cabin in the Woods, the preview made me change my mind.  The Three Stooges went through several cast changes, directors, etc. and when the preview released my exact thoughts were "What a waste of time" and "This tarnishes the reputation of the television series."  I think the film looks and will be awful.  Lockout looks like Taken in space..do I need to say more?



April 20th 
The Lucky One 
Think Like a Man 
Chimpanzee

Zac Effron takes on Nicholas Spark; he looks hot, but Spark's stories are so predictable, cheap ploys at getting emotions.  The only reason I will see The Lucky One is to watch him shirtless (honest).  Chimpanzee will be a cute family friendly film that may surprise and be more successful than people think.  Think Like a Man which is based on Steve Harvey's book looks like mindless fun entertainment.



April 27th 
The Five-Year Engagement
The Raven
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Safe 

As the middle two weeks of the month feel painful the last week is where things may start to pickup.  I think Engagement looks good, and Seagal and Blunt will make a great time on screen.  I have seen previews for this damn Pirates movie for forever (it seems), and I think it looks hilarious.  The Raven looks painful, time reassess your carer John Cusack.  Jason Stratham thanks for making the same movie  over and over again, I appreciate it!



Movies to see:American ReunionThe Five-Year Engagement, The Pirates! Band of Misfits, Titanic3D
Movies to Skip:The Three Stooges, Lockout, Safe, The Lucky One, The Raven

No comments: